With support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Reproductive Health and the Health Resources Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, AMCHP has sponsored data training workshops held immediately preceding the annual MCH Epidemiology conference, and more recently the joint CityMatCH Leadership and MCH Epidemiology Conference for the past several years. The trainings archived here include the exercises and examples used at each workshop.
- Performance Measurement and Title V Transformation: Building Skills to Select and Design Measures for MCH 3.0 materials can be found here.
- Applying Propensity Score and Mediation Analyses to Program and Policy Evaluation materials are available here.
- Communicating the Value of MCH Prevention Efforts to Illustrate a Return on Investment course materials are available here.
- Data Visualization Techniques: Creating Public Health Infographics slides are available here.
San Antonio 2012
- GIS: Intermediate/Advanced Spatial Analysis Techniques for the Analysis of MCH Data course materials, including slides, datasets, and handouts, can be found here.
- Quality Improvement: QI Fundamentals for use in MCH/Public Health slides and handouts are available here. This session was recorded and can be found here.
- Scientific Writing for MCH Epidemiologists course materials are available here. This training was recorded in 2011 and the video link is listed below.
- Leadership: Creating Change through 1:1 Communication was provided in partnership with CityMatCH.
New Orleans 2011
- Data Linkage course materials, including slides, datasets, and handouts, can be found here. This training was recorded, and the video link is listed below.
- Knowledge Translation resources can be found here which includes a downloadable version of the workbook used at the training. Handouts and background reading materials from the training can be found here.
- Scientific Writing course materials can be found here. This training was recorded and the video link is listed below.
- Video, audio and downloads have been archived with the support of the Maternal and Child Health Bureau, and are available now!
San Antonio 2010
- Applied Multilevel Modeling, see complete archived course here.
- Basic Geospatial Methods for Public Health Professionals: ArcGIS Desktop 1 (Version 9.2)
Please note: Materials for this course cannot be posted as they are copyright-protected.
- Leadership Skills Training for MCH Professionals, course materials can be found here.
- Video, audio and downloads have been archived with the support of the Maternal and Child Health Bureau.
Conference webcasting, recording and internet development was provided by the Center for the Advancement of Distance Education (CADE) of the University of Illinois School of Public Health.
- Practical Approaches to State MCH Data Records Linkage Practice: Supporting Policy and Programs
- Communicating Epidemiology Research Results Effectively to Intended Audiences
- Concentration in Basic Geospatial Methods for Public Health Professionals
- Time Trend Analysis for MCH Outcomes
- Scientific Writing: From the Reader's Perspective
- Using the Population Attributable Fraction (PAF) to Assess MCH Population Outcomes
- State Title V Program MCH Needs Assessment Practice
- Time Trend Analysis for Large and Small Populations