By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Define the key components of the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle
- Discuss how to use the PDSA cycle to test changes in a small, rapid manner
- Identify opportunities to use the PDSA cycle within their own work
To prepare for the Live Discussion, participants should review the following materials and come prepare to share how they might use the PDSA cycle in their daily work.
- PDSA overview — provides a general overview of the PDSA cycle
- PDSA module — provides key points on PDSA cycles
- PDSA examples — these two examples provide an idea of how you might use PDSA cycles to test evidence based interventions on broader population health interventions (see PDSA Cycle: Engaging Leaders and PDSA Cycle: Policy Change)