The New Director Mentor Program is a 18-month commitment from February 2013 through August 2014. During this time New Directors will complete 12 self-directed modules, participate on quarterly webinars, as well as bimonthly peer to peer calls. We approximate one to two hours of participation each month. Additionally, each New Director will have contact with a Mentor on a regular, monthly basis (frequency and time to be determined by the pair).
- New Director and Mentor Applications requested.
- New Director identifies potential matches from Mentor pool.
- If in attendance, attend in-person orientation during the 2013 AMCHP Annual Conference(Washington, DC).
- If not able to attend, participate on a conference call orientation (date to be determined).
February 2013-August 2014
- Complete self-directed modules.
§ Required and recommended readings.
§ Recommended activities to complete.
§ Module-specific evaluations.
- Monthly contact between Mentor and Mentee pairs (at least 2 hours of communication each month within the first six months).
- Participation in quarterly webinars.
- Mentee participation in bimonthly peer-to-peer calls.
- Completion of the 2013-2014 cohort formal activities.
Syllabus of 12 Modules
Each module focuses on one or more of the MCH Leadership Competencies and will be completed individually by the New Director. We approximate two to three hours to complete each module. Each module will be accessible as a PDF file via a SharePoint Website and will include a pre- and post-assessment, as well as an evaluation at the end of the module.
I. WHAT TO KNOW:
Module #1: MCH Background & Information
Module #2: Title V Background & Information
Module #3: Critical Thinking & Evaluation
II. WHO YOU ARE:
Module #4: Becoming a Reflective Practitioner
Module #5: Ethics & Professionalism
Module #6: Foundations of Leadership
III. ESSENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Module #7: Communication
Module #8: Collaboration With Others
Module #9: Managing Conflict and Negotiations
Module #10: Cultural Competency
Required Resources (all provided by AMCHP):