New Director/Mentee: The program is designed to assist the new Title V/MCH or CYSHCN director (Directors). To be eligible for the program, an individual must be within the first three (3) years of tenure. The Title V staff (senior staff overseeing the MCH or CYSHCN programs within the first three (3) years of tenure) working under a director may also be eligible.
Interested directors must complete an application to initiate the process.
New Director/Mentee Benefits
- Personal and professional growth
- Access to an insider's perspective-someone that is/has been in your position
- Exposure to diverse perspectives
- Access to a support system
- Learning from someone else's experience
- Expanding your professional network
- Greater knowledge of Title V
- Increase awareness of professional issues
Step 1: New and seasoned directors interested in participating as a Mentee or Mentor must complete the appropriate application.
Step 2: New Directors will then have access to applications from seasoned directors interested in volunteering as a Mentor. New Directors will select two to three individuals from the mentor pool.
- New Directors may select a Mentor based on the following, but not limited to:
- State system
- Population size
- Program services
- Emerging issues in their state
- Educational background
- Individual professional needs
- State issues/challenges
- Step 3: AMCHP staff will match the New Director with the Mentor based on the information submitted and preferences.
- Step 4: Mentoring pairs will discuss a Mentorship MOU and agree to its basic goals. (Documents will be provided by staff).
- Step 5: Mentoring relationship begins and New Directors complete the self-directed modules
- On-going: AMCHP staff will provide support as necessary.
Note: New directors may identify a mentor for themselves. If so, the person must complete an application process along with the New Director. Their information will not be included in the mentor pool. This is to assure that participants receive access to the information for the program.
Complete New Director/Mentee Application Packet
A complete application packet for a New Director/Mentee consists of two items: 1) an application and 2) your resume or bio.
Please e-mail your application and your resume or bio (no more than two pages) to Jessica Teel at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 20, 2013. You will receive confirmation via e-mail that the materials were received by program staff.