SPHARC Welcome and Orientation
At the start of each new grant cycle, AMCHP typically hosts a webinar to welcome new grantees to SPHARC, orient them to resources, and update the larger SPHARC community on upcoming activities. The materials from previous years' calls can be downloaded below:
Creating a State Plan
March 28, 2012
AMCHP hosted a webinar on the topic of "Creating a State Plan." Five State Autism Implementation Grantees presented on their state's approach to creating a state plan.
Presenters and Materials:
- Maine: Setting the Stage for Change: Drafting Maine's State Plan for Individuals with ASD
Nancy Cronin, ASD Systems Change Initiative Coordinator, Maine Developmental Disabilities Council
- New Jersey: Developing NJ's System of Services for Children with ASD & other DD
Diana Autin, Executive Co-Director, Statewide Parent Advocacy Network
- Rhode Island: - State of Rhode Island House Resolution: Creating a Special House Commission to Study the Education of Children With Autism in the State of Rhode Island (2007); State Of Rhode Island Act Relating to Health and Safety: The Rhode Island Autism Spectrum Disorder Evaluation and Treatment Act (2009)
Deborah Garneau, Chief, Office of CSHCN, Rhode Island Department of Health
- Utah: Judith Holt, URLEND Co-Director, Utah State University Center for Persons with Disabilities
- Vermont's Approach to Creating a State Autism Plan
Clare McFadden, Autism Specialist, Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living
To access the full webinar recording, click here.
State Roadmap to Services
May 5, 2011
This webinar highlights a range of approaches to the development of state roadmaps. A full recording can be accessed here.
Presenters and Materials:
- Model for Early Identification and Treatment of Autism - Flowchart; and Flowchart Description
Dr. Jeffrey Brosco, Pediatrics Program Director and Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Washington: My Child's Map to Services Presentation
Susan E. Ray, Family Involvement Coordinator, Washington State Department of Health
- Oregon: State Roadmap to Services Presentation
Marilyn Hartzell, MEd & Caryn Fiedler, OCCYSHN Director & Project Consultant, Oregon Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Kansas: Navigating the System Presentation
Louann Rinner, MSEd, OTR/L, LEND Training Director, University of Kansas Medical Center, Center for Child Health and Development
Technical Assistance Resources: The National Centers
May 18, 2011
AMCHP hosted a technical assistance call to discuss the Division of Services for Children with Special Health Care Needs, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, National Centers.