New Hampshire is a collage of diverse and distinct regions with a strong emphasis on local control. New Hampshire's team consisted of the Title V CYSHCN Director, Autism Program Coordinator, Co-Director of New Hampshire Family Voices, New Hampshire LEND Program, and the New Hampshire Council on ASD.
New Hampshire's State Grantee Profile,
To learn more about New Hampshire's work, visit the
NH Council on Autism
Spectrum Disorders or the
NH Family Voices webpage.
The goal of the project is to ensure the provision of comprehensive, coordinated family-centered care in a medical home so New Hampshire children with ASD/DD achieve high quality life outcomes.
Objectives to reach this overall goal include:
- Establishing a collaborative leadership process
- Conducting a comprehensive needs assessment by key stakeholders
- Developing a comprehensive and measurable state plan
- Engaging family members and self-advocates
Needs Assessment Workgroup
The New Hampshire Council on ASD formed this workgroup in order to gather valuable information to highlight the needs of children with ASD/DD and their families and the current systems that are meant to support this community.
The workgroup had representation from:
- Mental Health
- Special Education
- Developmental Disabilities Community
- Self Advocates
They facilitated Family focus groups and Stakeholder forums that provided a clearer picture of the ASD/DD systems landscape and family perspectives in New Hampshire. Participants represented service providers, area agencies, and medical professionals, child health services, Medicaid office, mental health, school, parents, and self advocates.
To view the
Needs Assessment Workgroup Report,
Successes & Challenges
During this grant period, New Hampshire's team had some difficulties collaborating with the Department of Education and identifying sustainable funding sources, but they had many advantageous circumstances as well. These included:
- An engaged state council on ASD work
- Collaborative partnerships to spearhead ASD/DD efforts
- Efficient decision-making procedures to guide future work
- Motivated Needs Assessment Workgroup to gather valuable information and data
To access more of
New Hampshire's resources through SPHARC's search engine,