The Leadership Institute for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Directors aims to enhance the effectiveness of state CYSHCN Directors to lead and transform their programs, thus improving the system of care for CYSHCN and their families. The Institute provides state CYSHCN directors targeted, intensive, and ongoing training through the following:
- An annual in-person meeting
- Network of CYSHCN directors via a moderated listserv
- Online learning modules (coming soon!)
To sign up for the Leadership Institute for CYSHCN Directors, please contact Paige Bussanich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LICD In-Person Meeting
The 4th annual LICD meeting took place at the 2017 AMCHP Conference! Meeting objectives included:
- Strengthening and building a robust network of state CYSHCN Directors to influence systems of care for CYSHCN
- Understanding emerging issues in CYSHCN Programs
- Increasing understanding and awareness of the changing landscape of health care in CYSHCN programs
- Increasing leadership capacity of CYSHCN Directors to engage families and consumers in state CYSHCN programs
Access the final agenda here.
The 5th annual LICD meeting takes place on Friday, February 9, 2018, in conjunction with the 2018 AMCHP Conference in Arlington, Va.
Network of CYSHCN directors via a moderated listserv
As a member of the Leadership Institute, you will enjoy access to a robust online network of other CYSHCN directors through a moderated listserv. This limited-access listserv allows for peer-to-peer networking and problem-solving. Many participants use the listserv to ask CYSHCN program-specific questions related to state policies, programs, and funding opportunities.
Online Learning Modules
New learning modules will be available for viewing soon — stay tuned!