AMCHP is exploring a new session design - replacing the Roundtable sessions with a Knowledge Cafe! What is a knowledge cafe? Quite simply, it's a method of bringing a group of people together to have an open, creative conversation on a topic of mutual interest to share their collective knowledge, ideas and insights and to gain a deeper understanding of the subject and the issues involved. This year's AMCHP conference will host 10 hot MCH topics! So, make sure to rise and shine early on Monday morning - the first round of dialogue starts bright and early at 7:15 a.m. - and be ready to share your knowledge and insights with your peers. Breakfast will be served at 7 a.m.
Here is a list of 10 topics for discussion:
- Incorporating the Life Course into Title V Programs
- Implementing the Affordable Care Act – Optimizing Opportunities for Maternal and Child Health
- Preparing for the Spotlight – Program Development for the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program
- Promoting Health for Women with Disabilities
- New Approaches for Addressing Childhood Obesity
- Assuring Quality – Key Roles and Opportunities for State MCH Programs
- How Are Title V Programs Preparing for Public Health Accreditation?
- Surviving the Budget Crises – Strategies for Protecting Your Programs
- Making Teen Pregnancy Prevention Efforts Inclusive
- Pregnant and Parenting Teens – Preventing Subsequent Pregnancies
Webcast: Watch the Conference LIVE!
Please register for these events at least a few hours in advance of the event. For webcast registration and more information, visit mchcom.com.
The following events will be broadcasted live at EST:
Share the Learning
Selected Sessions Available Online After the Conference
Select skills-building sessions and workshops will be recorded and archived with the support of the Maternal and Child Health Bureau. Conference webcasting, recording and internet development to be provided by the Center for the Advancement of Distance Education (CADE) of the University of Illinois School of Public Health. Archived sessions will be available within three weeks of the close of the conference at mchcom.com.