Omni Shoreham Hotel
2500 Calvert Street NW (at Connecticut Ave.)
Washington, District of Columbia 20008
The co-located conferences will be held at the Omni Shoreham in Washington, DC. The hotel is located near the Metro line, with easy access to Capitol Hill and downtown Washington.
Since 1930, the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC has played host to presidents, world leaders and inaugural balls, making it a true historic Washington landmark. Located in one of the most influential cities of the world, this hotel offers a personal taste of politics, culture, art and music at its best, and is nestled on 11 acres in picturesque Rock Creek Park in northwest Washington, DC and is only steps away from the National Zoo.
AMCHP and Family Voices Rates: $227 Single/Double Room (plus taxes)
This special conference rate will be available at the Omni Shoreham Hotel for AMCHP and Family Voices attendees until January 12, 2011, or until the block of rooms is sold out – whichever comes first. The quoted rate is subject to applicable state and local taxes, fees and assessments, in effect at the time of check-in. Reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card at the time of reservation.
Make your reservation today!
- CALL: 202-234-0700 and request the “AMCHP” group rate.
- BOOK ONLINE (group code will be automatically entered to receive the group rate): http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/WashingtonDCShoreham/MeetingFacilities/AMCHP2.aspx
The Omni Shoreham Hotel helps you stay connected with high-speed Internet access in all of its hotel lobbies and designated public areas. Enjoy fast download speeds as you check your email, download maps and directions, obtain your airline boarding pass information or simply look for local activities and other things to do during your stay. (If you do not have your own wireless bridge, you may rent one for a daily fee.)
If you joined the Omni’s Select Guest® loyalty program, you will receive free high-speed Internet access in all public areas and in your guest room. Wi-fi access in nonpublic areas such as meeting rooms is offered for a nominal charge. If you are not a Select Guest member, you can still stay connected in your guest room for $9.95 per day plus tax.
The Omni Shoreham Hotel is conveniently located only a block away from the Woodley Park station on DC Metrorail Red Line. The Red Line offers easy access to Downtown Washington, DC, and is 3 stops away from connections to the Orange and Blue Lines. Click HERE to view, download, or print a map of the DC Metro Rail system. Visit the WMATA website to learn more about metro fares, schedules, and rider tools: www.wmata.com
Metro Fares: http://wmata.com/fares/metrorail.cfm
Metro Visitor Information: http://wmata.com/getting_around/visitor_info/
Metro Accessibiltiy: http://wmata.com/accessibility/metrorail.cfm
The Wasington, DC area is surrounded by three major domestic and international airports, offering a variety of transportation options to the Omni Shoreham Hotel.
FROM REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT (DCA)
Driving: Follow George Washington Parkway Northbound to Washington, D.C. Continue past the Pentagon to the Memorial Bridge. While on the Bridge, merge into right lane and exit at Independence Drive. Follow Independence Drive back under the bridge along the Potomac River (this becomes Rock Parkway). Merge into left lane. Road splits after passing under Bridge, merge left. Road splits again, continue to merge left. First traffic light is Calvert Street. Turn left onto Calvert Street. The hotel is located on the left.
Other transportation options from Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Taxi: Approximately $20 - $25
- Shuttle Service: Transportation is available through Super Shuttle to the Hotel. Super Shuttle is located at Ground Transportation and must be scheduled by the Guest, by calling 1-800-BLUE-VAN (1-800-258-3826). The trip is approximately $12.00 for one passenger and an additional $10 for each additional passenger.
- Sedan Service (reservations required): Approximately $65 (up to 4 passengers)
- Metro: Take the Blue Line metro in the direction of Largo to Metro Center. Change to the Red Line in the direction of Shady Grove. Take Red Line to Woodley Park/Zoo Metro Station. The hotel is located one block from the metro. Once you have exited the Metro via the escalators, go to the right and down the stairs. Go to the left and walk to Calvert St (1 block). Cross the street and take a right. The hotel will be on your left hand side. Approximately $1.35 - $2.55 per person.
FROM DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (IAD)
Driving: Take the Dulles Airport Toll Road to Route 66 East. Proceed East on Route 66. After crossing the Roosevelt Bridge and entering Washington, D.C., exit onto Constitution Avenue. Stay on Constitution then make a left onto 18th Street. Then make a left onto Connecticut Avenue. You will go through an underpass under Dupont Circle. After you pass the Hilton on your right, you will go 1 mile, crossing over the Taft Bridge and Rock Creek Park. At the end of the bridge, make a left onto Calvert Street. The hotel will be on your left.
Other transportation options from Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Shuttle Service: Transportation is available through Super Shuttle to the Hotel. Super Shuttle is located at Ground Transportation and must be scheduled by the Guest, by calling 1-800-BLUE-VAN (1-800-258-3826). The trip is approximately $29.00 for one passenger and an additional $10 for each additional passenger.
- Taxi Service: Approximately $50 - $65
- Sedan Service (reservations required): Approximately $105 9up to 4 passengers)
- Metro: Follow Ground Transportation signe to Washington Flyer Shuttle Service. Take the Washington Flyer shuttle bus to West Falls Church metro. Board Orange Line train in direction of New Carrollton. Transfer to the Red Line towards Shady Grove @ Metro Center. Exit at Woodley Park / Zoo Metro Station; at the top of escalators, cross right onto 24th, go left to end of the block. The hotel is located diagonal right across Calvert Street. Approximately $10 one way / $18 roundtrip. Travel time 20 -30 minutes.
FROM BALTIMORE/WASHINGTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (BWI)
Driving: Proceed through the airport and follow the signs for I-95 South. Take 495 West towards Silver Spring to Exit 33 (Connecticut Avenue South) towards Washington, D.C. Proceed South on Connecticut Avenue for approximately 5 miles. The National Zoo will be on your left. Proceed another 5 blocks and make a right onto Calvert Street. The hotel will on your left.
Other transportation options from Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI)
- Shuttle: Transportation is available through Super Shuttle to the Hotel. Super Shuttle is located at Ground Transportation and must be scheduled by the Guest, by calling 1-800-BLUE-VAN (1-800-258-3826). The trip is approximately $37.00 for one passenger and an additional $12 for each additional passenger.
- Taxi Service: Approximately $75 - $100 (allow 60 minutes travel time)
- Sedan Service (reservations required): Approximately $125 (up to 3 passengers)
- Train/Metro: Take the free shuttle from the Airport to BWI Marshall Rail Station and take either the AMTRAK/MARC train to Union Station. Once at Union Station, take the Metro (Red Line in the direction of Shady Grove) to Woodley Park/Zoo/Adams Morgan stop. The hotel is located half a block from the Metro. Approximately $6 for MARC and $1.75 for Metro.