DMCHWD Looking for Summer Interns
The Division of Maternal and Child Health Workforce Development (DMCHWD) is seeking intern(s) for Summer 2015. The internship is an unpaid practicum experience for graduate students in good standing at schools of public health or other health-related coursework or training programs in the United States. Students must be enrolled at least half-time in a graduate program (as verified by the student's institution of higher learning). The internship will be located in Rockville, Maryland and is Metro accessible. Intern(s) selected to work with DMCHWD will have the opportunity to help shape their experience based on interest areas. Possible focus areas may include:
- Communications: Contribute to the continued implementation of DMCHWD communications plan
- MCH Workgroups and Committees: Participate in cross-cutting division and bureau efforts around workforce development
- Trainee Engagement: Develop and sustain activities that encourage networking and engagement of current and former MCH trainees
- MCH Training Program Data: Analyze quantitative and qualitative data and produce summary reports
- Grantee Best Practices: Research, compile, and disseminate grantee best practices from the MCH Training Program
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and unofficial transcript to Claudia Brown at email@example.com by Mar. 27. For questions about the DMCHWD internship experience, please contact Claudia Brown as well.