Registration Opens for AMCHP 2019!
Registration is now open for the 2019 AMCHP Annual Conference — the perfect opportunity to connect and network with more than 800 public health officials who share an interest in maternal and child health. The Annual Conference will be held March 9-12 in San Antonio, Texas. Register by Feb. 8 to receive an early bird rate. For additional information, please contact Samantha Freeman. We look forward to seeing you in San Antonio!
AMCHP Award Nominations Open
AMCHP prides itself on recognizing leadership in maternal and child health in various ways. During the 2019 AMCHP Annual Conference, scheduled for March 9-12 in San Antonio, Texas, AMCHP will present awards to MCH leaders and honor excellence in the field. Nominations for the following awards will be accepted through Oct. 19:
- John C. MacQueen Lecture Award for innovation in the field of maternal and child health.
- Excellence in State MCH Leadership Award for an outstanding state MCH professional whose career has made a significant contribution to the health of women, children and families in his or her state.
- Legislative Champions for Maternal and Child Health for recognizing the efforts of Members of Congress and their staff to improve the health of mothers, children and families including children with special health care needs. Please note that only Legislative Committee members may submit nominations for this award. Please contact our policy team for more information.
- Merle McPherson Leadership Award for exemplary contributions to further family/state professional collaboration between a state Title V Program and AMCHP.
- Vince Hutchins Leadership Award for leadership in promoting a society responsive to the needs of women, youth and families.
- Emerging MCH Professional Award for significant contributions to state MCH programs in promoting and protecting the health of women, children and families in his or her state and/or region.
- Ryan Colburn Scholarship Award for a youth-with-disabilities leader to attend the AMCHP Annual Conference, connect with family leaders and continue to spread Ryan's message of hope.
Get information on the awards and nomination process on the AMCHP Awards web page, including the nomination form (linked at the end of each award description). Please note that all awards use the same nomination form, but a separate form must be submitted for each nominee for each award.