Session and Poster Proposals Deadline Extended for 2019 Annual Conference!
AMCHP has extended the deadline to submit
a proposal (workshop, skills-building session, or poster) for the
2019 AMCHP Annual Conference, to be held March 9-12 at the San Antonio
Riverside Marriott in San Antonio, Texas. The submission deadline is now
Wednesday, Sept. 26, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The theme for the 2019 conference is Investments
in MCH: Strengthening Families and the MCH Workforce.
Tracks for this year's conference are:
• Adolescent Health (includes youth development and transition)
• Child Health
• Epidemiology/Data, Assessment, and Evaluation (includes health outcomes and impact of investment/ROI)
• Family and Youth Engagement (includes fatherhood involvement and family-centered care)
• Health Care Financing and Coverage (includes health reform)
• Infant Health
• Life Course Approach
• MCH Systems Building
• Women's and Maternal Health
• Workforce Development and Leadership
Get more information.
prides itself on recognizing leadership in maternal and child health in
various ways. During the 2019 AMCHP Annual Conference, scheduled for
March 9-12 in San Antonio, Texas, AMCHP will present awards to MCH
leaders and honor excellence in the field. Nominations for the following
awards will be accepted through Oct. 19:
- John C. MacQueen Lecture Award for innovation in the field of maternal and child health.
- Excellence in State MCH Leadership Award
for an outstanding state MCH professional whose career has made a
significant contribution to the health of women, children and families
in his or her state.
- Legislative Champions for Maternal and
Child Health for recognizing the efforts of Members of Congress and
their staff to improve the health of mothers, children and families
including children with special health care needs. Please note that only
Legislative Committee members may submit nominations for this award.
Please contact our policy team for more information.
- Merle McPherson Leadership Award for exemplary contributions to further family/state professional collaboration between a state Title V Program and AMCHP.
- Vince Hutchins Leadership Award for leadership in promoting a society responsive to the needs of women, youth and families.
- Emerging MCH Professional Award
for significant contributions to state MCH programs in promoting and
protecting the health of women, children and families in his or her
state and/or region.
- Ryan Colburn Scholarship Award
for a youth-with-disabilities leader to attend the AMCHP Annual
Conference, connect with family leaders and continue to spread Ryan's
message of hope.
Get information on the awards and nomination process on the AMCHP Awards web page,
including the nomination form (linked at the end of each award
description). Please note that all awards use the same nomination form,
but a separate form must be submitted for each nominee for each award.