AMCHP prides itself on recognizing leadership in maternal and child health in various ways. During the 2019 AMCHP Annual Conference, scheduled for March 9-12 in San Antonio, Texas, AMCHP will present awards to MCH leaders and honor excellence in the field. Nominations for the following awards will be accepted through Oct. 19:
- John C. MacQueen Lecture Award for innovation in the field of maternal and child health.
- Excellence in State MCH Leadership Award for an outstanding state MCH professional whose career has made a significant contribution to the health of women, children and families in his or her state.
- Legislative Champions for Maternal and Child Health for recognizing the efforts of Members of Congress and their staff to improve the health of mothers, children and families including children with special health care needs. Please note that only Legislative Committee members may submit nominations for this award. Please contact our policy team for more information.
- Merle McPherson Leadership Award for exemplary contributions to further family/state professional collaboration between a state Title V Program and AMCHP.
- Vince Hutchins Leadership Award for leadership in promoting a society responsive to the needs of women, youth and families.
- Emerging MCH Professional Award for significant contributions to state MCH programs in promoting and protecting the health of women, children and families in his or her state and/or region.
- Ryan Colburn Scholarship Award for a youth-with-disabilities leader to attend the AMCHP Annual Conference, connect with family leaders and continue to spread Ryan's message of hope.
Get information on the awards and nomination process on the AMCHP Awards web page, including the nomination form (linked at the end of each award description). Please note that all awards use the same nomination form, but a separate form must be submitted for each nominee for each award.
AMCHP Issues Call for Session & Poster Proposals – 2019 Annual Conference!
The Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP) invites you to submit a proposal (workshop, skills-building session, or poster) for the 2019 AMCHP Annual Conference, to be held March 9-12 at the San Antonio Riverside Marriott in San Antonio, Texas.
The theme for the 2019 conference is Investments in MCH: Strengthening Families and the MCH Workforce.
The proposal submission deadline is Friday, Sept. 21, 11:59 p.m. ET.
Tracks for this year's conference are:
• Adolescent Health (which includes youth development and transition)
• Child Health
• Epidemiology/Data, Assessment, and Evaluation (which includes health outcomes and impact of investment/ROI)
• Family and Youth Engagement (which includes fatherhood involvement and family-centered care)
• Health Care Financing and Coverage (which includes health reform)
• Infant Health
• Life Course Approach
• MCH Systems Building
• Women's and Maternal Health
• Workforce Development and Leadership
Get more information.