Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP) – AMCHP is a national resource, partner and advocate for state public health leaders and others working to improve the health of women, children, youth and families, including those with special health care needs.
- Innovation Station – The AMCHP searchable database of emerging, promising and best practices in MCH. The Innovation Station allows you to learn more about MCH programs across the United States and to benefit from the lessons learned by your peers.
- Life Course Metrics Project – In early 2012, AMCHP launched the Life Course Metrics Project, a collaborative effort to identify and promote a standardized set of indicators that can be used to measure progress using the life course approach to improve maternal and child health. The project is funded with the support of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
- State Life Course Resource Center – These websites provide tools and resources that are specifically targeted to the state level.
Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) Life Course Perspective - This website contains resources that are intended to introduce and reinforce life course theory. They have been designed and organized by an interdisciplinary work group of leadership training programs.
CityMatCH Life Course Toolbox – The MCH Life Course Toolbox is an online resource for MCH researchers, academics, practitioners, policy advocates, and others in the field to share information, innovative strategies, and tools to integrate the life course perspective into MCH work at the local, state, and national levels.
Got Transition Updated Six Core Elements of Health Care Transition 2.0 – These comprehensive tool packages are available for three transition processes: 1) transitioning youth to adult health care providers, 2) transitioning youth to an adult approach to health care without changing providers and 3) integrating youth into adult health care. These packages include sample policies, registries, transition readiness/self-care assessments, condition fact sheets, medical summary and emergency care plans, transfer letters and checklists, young adult orientation material, care plans, feedback surveys and measurement approaches. These tools may be adapted and customized for an individual practice.
MCH Life Course Research Network – This Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) website provides researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and consumers with a mechanism for interacting, sharing information and tools, and engaging in collaborative and innovative projects, including the development of a life course research agenda.
MCH Navigator: Life Course – This resource page contains targeted resources and learning opportunities on life course for MCH professionals. This collection is intended to assist the MCH workforce integrate the life course perspective into their work at the local, state and national levels.
A Life Course Approach Resource Guide Developed by the MCH Training Program – This HRSA website provides a number of key resources to help MCH training programs explore the implications of the life course perspective for efforts to improve the health of all women, children, youth and families. Visit the site for fact sheets and policy briefs, peer-reviewed journal articles, presentations and course lecture series, examples of local initiatives and more.
- Rethinking MCH: The Life Course Model as an Organizing Framework – This 2010 concept paper synthesizes the best thinking on MCH life course and outlines how the theory might be used to frame the upcoming MCHB strategic planning process. The paper also provides a series of examples on how a life course perspective might be incorporated into MCH research, programs, policies, and partnerships to optimize health outcomes and reduce disparities across the population.
- Moving from Theory to Practice – Orientation to the life course approach from the perspectives of three well-known practitioners: a pediatrician and professor, an esteemed researcher and public health expert, and an activist-advocate-attorney-author. Webcast with video, slides and transcript.
- Life Course Perspective – Life course proponent, researcher and public health expert Milton Kotelchuck, PhD, MPH, explores the development and implementation of the MCH Life Course and the MCH field and relates how the life course paradigm should influence needs assessments. Webcast with video and transcript.
- Life Course Health Development Model – Introduction to the Life Course Health Development model and its implications and applications for measurement, for intervention, organization of services and policy development. Webcast with video and transcript.
- The Intersection of Life Course, Health Equity and Social Determinants of Health: Translation to Action – Foundation of ideas to build upon, focusing on the intersection of social determinants, life course, health disparities, the interventions that address them, and implications for implications for infant mortality reduction and policy. Keynote presentation and panel discussion. Webcast with video, slides and transcript.