Are you looking to get more involved with AMCHP? Check out the exciting opportunities below and make the most out of your membership!
Board Nominations: The AMCHP Governance Committee is currently accepting nominations for 2013 AMCHP Board positions. These leadership positions guide, direct, inform and contribute to moving AMCHP’s strategic directions and goals forward. The following are the open Board of Directors positions:
- Director At-Large (three-year term)
- Region I
- Region VI
- Region IX
- Region X
Volunteer leadership is critical to the success of AMCHP. We hope that you will consider participating in the nominations process. More information about these positions, necessary qualifications and the nominations process may be found on the AMCHP website or by clicking here. We ask that all nominations be forwarded to the Governance Committee by Aug. 31 to ensure that the committee has ample time to review all candidate materials. Please note: Only named AMCHP delegates may be nominated to the board. To verify your membership status, contact Laura Goodwin, Publications & Member Services Manager.
Committee Appointments: One benefits of being an active AMCHP member is the opportunity to participate as a volunteer leader on AMCHP Organizational and Board Committees. AMCHP committees assist the organization in carrying out its mission, goals and strategic plan. They serve to engage members in activities, provide advice and guidance to the Board and staff, and make recommendations for policy analysis and development. They are comprised of AMCHP members and staff liaisons, and may also include representatives from federal agencies and involve partner organizations when appropriate. AMCHP is currently seeking members who are interested in volunteering to serve by being committee members.
All committee appointments are for one year. If you are currently serving on a committee and would like to be reappointed or remain on your current committee please let us know. If you are interested in volunteering for a committee or switching your current committee assignment, please indicate below which committees you are interested in joining. All committee appointments will be reviewed by AMCHP staff and committee assignments will be made by the AMCHP President in September. The following are the open Board and Organizational Committee positions:
- Adolescent Health Advisory Committee
- Annual Conference Planning Committee
- Best Practices Review Panel
- Emerging Issues Committee
- Family & Youth Leadership Committee
- Finance Committee
- Governance Committee
- Legislative & Health Care Finance Committee
- Workforce Development Committee
Please click here to review descriptions of the committees. If you have any questions about volunteering for AMCHP, would like clarification, or would like a staff person to contact you please let us know. In order to be appointed or re-appointed to a committee, please let us know you are interested by taking our survey by Aug. 31.
Nominate Your Peers for a 2013 AMCHP Award
AMCHP recognizes leadership in maternal and child health in several ways, including awards presented to MCH leaders to honor their excellence in the field. These awards will be presented at the 2013 AMCHP Annual Conference, Feb. 9-12 in Washington, DC.
AMCHP is now accepting nominations for the following:
- John MacQueen Lecture Award for innovation in the field of maternal and child health
- Excellence In State MCH Leadership Award for an outstanding state MCH professional whose career has made significant contributions to the health of women, children and families in their state
- Merle McPherson Leadership Award for exemplary contributions to further family/ professional collaboration within a state Title V Program and AMCHP
- Vince Hutchins Leadership Award for leadership in promoting a society responsive to the needs of women, children, youth and families
- Young MCH Professional Award for significant contributions to state MCH programs in promoting and protecting the health of women, children, and families in their state and/or region
For more information and the nomination guidelines for these awards, visit amchp.org/AboutAMCHP/Pages/ AMCHPAwards.aspx.
Please note: All awards use the same nomination form, but a separate form must be submitted per nominee, per award. The nomination deadline for these awards is Aug. 31, 2012.